Studying Mobile Development

Lately I was very intrigue from what I read about potential money making developing mobile application. We know that mobile devices like iPhone, Google Phone, Android Phone are slowly eating desktop devices. Lets accept the fact that we are now in world of touch screen devices which recently Dell a major computer maker announce that it will not proceed its business and will be looking to other business opportunity other than computer making since Apple's iPhone is dominant in the market.

Where should I start
Like any other chicken without a mother to guide, I was scrambling on where to go to learn mobile development. First I think of shifting and learning other programming language like C++ or Java instead though I had background with the two programming languages but this could take me more time to be efficient with it. I wasn't really sure if to proceed the study or not since I still has business to do in developing PHP application that is to sharpen my skills in web development. Then I found something that makes my longing to develop a mobile application that is using HTML5.

HTML5 is the new breed of markup language like HTML. HTML5 evolves through HTML as a web developer I may be quite efficient if I will focus on HTML5 rather than shifting to other programming language. HTML5 capabilities is so vast and interesting. You can develop offline application since it has database capabilities within the browser. It can store data, variables, session other than cookies. In HTML5 you can draw, animate, create games using the canvas.

To get started of on to develop mobile application is learn HTML5 and be proficient with it. There a lots of resources online to get you through with it. Here are the list of it:


  • HTMLRocks.com - a nice website that can help you explore HTML5 capabilities.They tackle not just HTML5 tags but also javascript implementation code. There are lots of examples and tutorials. Something that you may get interested of. This site also has code playground where you can try HTML5 capabilities.
  • w3schools.com - Whenever you forgot and needs reference on current tags of HTML5 you can visit this site and take a look at.
  • http://diveintohtml5.org/ - Understanding HTML5 is such lousy to eager developer who is very excited to write its first code. I am suggesting to take it easy and be attentive to what really is HTML5  its better slow than to miss out a detail about HTML5.
  • http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html - If you are well breed developer you will take a snap shot and read about the specification. 
Here you go, I am still on studying HTML5 next time HTML5 tutorial will be on the way.

Comments

Popular Posts